Property Owners Must Keep Their Sites Safe
In New Mexico, property owners are required by law to keep their premises safe. If they are negligent, and individuals suffer injuries as a result of improperly maintained grounds, then there is often legal recourse to bring a lawsuit against the owner or landlord. Such laws pertain to nearly all types of holdings — residential properties, parking lots, office buildings, shopping malls.
If you have been injured as a result of a property’s inadequate maintenance, the lawyers at Sanders Law Firm can help you pursue the compensation you need to recover. We are adept at helping our clients obtain financial restitution for hospital bills, doctors’ fees, the costs of ongoing care, lost wages and related expenses. Based in Roswell, we have served throughout New Mexico since 1945. We’re ready to answer your questions and address your concerns.
Where Injuries Occur
Hazards don’t discriminate; dangers can arise at any place and any time. Our firm is skilled at pursuing claims for injuries that take place on:
- Residential property — If your landlord or property owner has failed to comply with safety regulations, or permitted your building’s safety to lapse in any way, our firm is able to hold them to account. Likewise, we step in if you have been hurt on someone else’s property, whether as a result of poorly maintained grounds, a dog bite or animal attack, inadequate security or another factor.
- Shopping malls — Malls present a surprisingly diverse array of dangers. Their floors and parking lots might be unusually slippery (and poorly marked). Construction zones within a mall are often the sites of falling debris. Food courts can lead to food poisoning. Our firm can determine liability and assert your rights.
- Swimming pools — Every year, nearly 5,000 emergency room visits are linked to swimming pools. Likewise, pools are the sites of hundreds of deaths annually. These incidents affect children disproportionately. If you or a loved one has been injured, we can help.
- Schools and school property — Cuts and scrapes may be a part of a child’s normal school day. But more serious injuries on school property require investigation and legal action.
- Nursing home injuries — Nearly one-third of all nursing home facilities have been cited for neglect or abuse. A great many injuries take place because a facility’s grounds are not safely maintained, leading residents to slip or stumble, and thereby causing serious injury.
- Oil fields and industrial sites — New Mexico has a range of oil and gas companies and construction firms whose work sites are rife with dangers. It’s important for workers to understand how to respond when an injury occurs.
No matter where your injury took place, our attorneys can help you obtain justice.
Getting Started Is Free
New Mexico is considered a comparative negligence state, which means that you could face a degree of responsibility for your injuries. Settlement amounts are lowered in relation to your percentage of being responsible.
Our firm will fight to maximize the value of your claim. To learn more, call us today at 575-578-4392 or contact us online. Initial consultations are always free.